.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Best Of 2010 - #4

The Courteeners - Falcon



I did a lot of impulse buying this year as the number of bands I thought were releasing albums had dropped dramatically, and this is one of the best purchases I made. I was going on the strength of first single You Overdid It Doll, which hit me on first play.

Every song on here is good, I like every single one, despite still having favourites (You Overdid It Doll, The Opener, Lullaby or Will It Be This Way Forever?) and least favourites (Scratch Your Name Upon My Lips or Cross My Heart And Hope To Fly) but I still like to sing along happily to all twelve tracks, even when it turns into more of a one-man band sound (the acoustic The Rest Of The World Has Gone Home and the piano-led Last Of The Ladies).

Compared to their first album, this is miles better. Every song demonstrates its brilliance practically as soon as it starts, and I've happily listened to the album for the past 9 or 10 months since I got it.

SCORE


Previous albums: St. Jude (4/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment