.

Friday 3 December 2010

Best Of 2010 - #23

Tired Pony - The Place We Ran From



Now we've seen the two albums that I didn't like (scores of 4 or less), we move into the ones that didn't really grab me but did have a few redeeming parts (scores of 5/6, sometimes 7).

Tired Pony is a side-project of Snow Patrol singer Gary Lightbody, but it honestly cannot be compared to Snow Patrol. It sounds a lot more like country music if anything. The melodies are there, however, and that's why this album is quite good.

The first four tracks are brilliant, from the epic Northwestern Skies to the catchy Dead American Writers. The other two songs I liked were I Am A Landslide and The Good Book (The latter features a vocal from Editors' Tom Smith which was a nice surprise).

The other four failed to stick in my head, but I know I liked three of them (The Deepest Ocean There Is was by far my least favourite on the album)

But generally, an interesting side-project that provided a good listen, even if it didn't really stick with me for long.

SCORE


Previous albums (Snow Patrol): Songs For Polarbears (4/10), When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up (5/10), Final Straw (8/10), Eyes Open (9/10), A Hundred Million Suns (8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment