.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Best Of 2010 - #18

Manic Street Preachers - Postcards From A Young Man



The tenth album from Manic Street Preachers, and the first time I've really got into them. I have listened to This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours but that was so long ago that I can't really remember any songs bar the first four or five. But after I heard (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love on the radio, I thought this would be quite a good listen. And generally, it is. The first half of the album is absolutely brilliant - it sounds absolutely epic, but nothing beats the single for me, although Postcards From A Young Man and Some Kind Of Nothingness come very close.

The second half of the album, however, drops in quality a bit, except for the fantastic I Think I Found It. After that song, however, the songs drop below average for me. But listening to the first half again makes me forget all that.

SCORE


Previous albums: Generation Terrorists (no review), Gold Against The Soul (no review), The Holy Bible (no review), Everything Must Go (no review), This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours (no review), Know Your Enemy (no review), Lifeblood (no review), Send Away The Tigers (no review), Journal For Plague Lovers (no review).

No comments:

Post a Comment