.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Best Of 2011: #9



#9 - The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

No original review.

Down into single figures, and sitting pretty at number nine is the greatest debut album of the year. There was a lot of hype about The Vaccines that sort of passed me by, and I only really looked into it after I saw they were supporting Arctic Monkeys and then heard the single All In White. And now I wonder why I didn't discover them earlier. The previously mentioned All In White is perhaps the greatest track on the album, but tracks such as the summer anthem Wetsuit or the indie-pop tune that is Post Break-Up Sex are both close runners-up. It is a very short album but then again, the songs have no chance of outstaying their welcome. Very much looking forward to album number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment