.

Sunday 20 December 2009

Best Of 2009 - #20 - #16


The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
6/10
Invaders Must Die, Omen and Warrior's Dance are all absolutely fantastic tracks, however the second half of the album is much less so for me.

OneRepublic - Waking Up
6/10
Even though I have only listened to the tracks on YouTube (the album doesn't come out in the UK until 18th January), I wasn't very interested by this album. However, All The Right Moves, Secrets, Everybody Wants Me and Good Life are standouts. The others, not so much.

The Cribs - Ignore The Ignorant
7/10
I think I was wrong to give 6/10 in my original review. I have listened to it a lot more and it has grown on me. City of Bugs has become a personal favourite now, and I appreciate the slower numbers such as Save Your Secrets and Stick To Yr Guns. I still don't like Last Year's Snow though.

Doves - Kingdom Of Rust
7/10
Jetstream and Kingdom Of Rust start the album off brilliantly, but then to find that brilliance again, we must go to Compulsion and the best song on the album, House Of Mirrors. The others are not bad songs, but the aforementioned tracks do cast a shadow on the rest.

The Hours - See The Light
7/10
Original review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment