.

Thursday 25 November 2010

Single Review: White Lies - Bigger Than Us



Single: Bigger Than Us
Artist: White Lies
From the album Ritual

The electronic pulse that kicks off White Lies' comeback single instantly signals the arrival of something epic, you know it instantly. Despite being underwhelmed the first time I heard it live, it grew on me, and hearing this studio version just adds to it. The chorus is absolutely massive, as singer Harry McVeigh's powerful voice declares "this is bigger than us!"

One of the first reviews I did for this blog was for White Lies' single To Lose My Life, and I gave it 10/10. But I think I was very nice in that aspect - if I reviewed it now I'd give it 8 or 9, and so despite thinking this new song is better than To Lose My Life, I am only going to give it a 9.

SCORE

No comments:

Post a Comment